1. Because a woman brought into this world will inevitably be given pepper spray “just in case.”
2. Because by sixteen, a young girl knows how to avoid being sexually assaulted, while a boy of the same age does not fear sexual assault in the slightest.
3. Because a girl who mocks men is a bitch, and a boy who mocks women is joking.
4. Because a girl who has sex is a slut, and a boy who has sex is a man.
5. Because in a murder, the killer is at fault, but the blame of rape is often put on the victim.
6. Because we teach girls how not to get raped instead of teaching anyone simply not to rape.
7. Because a woman should put more clothes on if her outfit makes a man uncomfortable, because his self control is her responsibility.
8. Because feminists just need to chill out.
9. Because a 22 year old sex-obsessed virgin can murder 7 people, and the problem is that someone should’ve just slept with him.
10. Because not all men are predators, but yes, all women are prey.
There’s a fucking womanifesto for you." —
What To Do When Your Boyfriend’s Asshole Best Friend Says, “Hey, Never Trust Anything That Bleeds For Seven Days And Doesn’t Die,
OR The Only Poem I’ll Ever Write About Periods.
Don’t excuse him because he’s had
at least three lite beers
and is sweating through his black button down
that his mom or exgirlfriend
probably bought him.
Don’t excuse him because he’s been turned down
by the last six girls he went on dates with
after meeting them on tindr
with a picture that’s seven years old
Don’t excuse him because
he’s usually such a nice guy
because you don’t want to be a bitch
because you don’t want to cause a scene
because when you were seventeen
your sister told you
no one likes an angry feminist
Let me explain something to you.
Every goddamn motherfucking month since I was eleven,
a part of me
tore itself to shreds
ripped itself apart inside me
and then remade itself.
So yes, I bleed for seven days
and I don’t die
You know what else can do that?
Things of legend.
Fuck, I can even
So I say, never trust anything that can’t
bleed for seven days and not die.
You know what that makes it?
So let’s see, hon,
What you’re made of.
If you can bleed for seven days
and not die.
Rip out his jugular with your teeth.
And when he bleeds for seven seconds
spit on his corpse and say,
I thought not.
Countess Markievicz, 19th-century Irish revolutionary, eternally relevant fashion advice.
women smh. they like different things and have different interests. why do some women like a thing and other women not like it? so difficult to understand. so confusing and hypocritical when one woman says one thing and another woman says another thing that disagrees. almost as if women are not a hivemind but are human beings just like men. ugh
What men mean when they talk about their “crazy” ex-girlfriend is often that she was someone who cried a lot, or texted too often, or had an eating disorder, or wanted too much/too little sex, or generally felt anything beyond the realm of emotionally undemanding agreement. That does not make these women crazy. That makes those women human beings, who have flaws, and emotional weak spots. However, deciding that any behavior that he does not like must be insane– well, that does make a man a jerk.
And when men do this on a regular basis, remember that, if you are a woman, you are not the exception. You are not so cool and fabulous and levelheaded that they will totally get where you are coming from when you show emotions other than “pleasant agreement.”
When men say “most women are crazy, but not you, you’re so cool” the subtext is not, “I love you, be the mother to my children.” The subtext is “do not step out of line, here.” If you get close enough to the men who say things like this, eventually, you will do something that they do not find pleasant. They will decide you are crazy, because this is something they have already decided about women in general." —
This. Forever. Thank you.
reblogging because it’s always relevant
god, i hate teenage girls, they’re so vapid and awful
like, let’s go over a list of all the terrible things teenage girls have done
- volunteered for the first line of defense at the battle of stalingrad to fight against nazis
- invented science fiction
- rode twice as far as paul revere, in the pouring rain and alone, to alert americans to the approaching british during the revolutionary war
- pioneered the art of investigative journalism, and its use as a tool of social justice
- turned the tide of the hundred years’ war
- put themselves in the line of fire, often literally, in order to help end injustice
- organized a student strike that helped spark brown v. board
- hid from the nazis in an annex for two years and found such great poignancy in their experience that their ordinary day-to-day-thoughts have become world famous
- led lewis and clark across the north american continent— while pregnant/raising a child
- worked to desegregate schools in 1835, as well as to end slavery
- helped found the aclu and fought for women’s suffrage; also, got arrested for being radical socialists
- wrote the first known work of literature by an american black person
like, god, what a bunch of bubbleheaded excuses for human beings